Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hard-boild wonderland and the end of the world.

It's a novel I am reading lately, by Haruki Murakami.





In the book, there are unicorns.
and their skulls.
Murakami's wonderland is dark and sweet.
Just like luxury chocolates.

There is a line that I really liked.
It's something that a guy who is main character of the story say while he imagine himself drinking whisky on the rock and listenning to "Vendome" by MJQ...

"Whisky, you should look at it steadily at first.
And when you get tired of looking at it, you should taste it.
Just like you do to pretty girls."

(I am not sure how it translated in English version. I read it in Japanese. I hope my translation makes sense..)


I imagine, if I was a pretty girl
and if I was treated like whisky....
It would feel heavenly...fulfilled..maybe.

outfit of the day


















Dress: Kate Moss for Topshop
Hat: H&M
Shoes: forever21


5 comments:

mikapoka said...

Welcome back! Finally you came back posting!
I adore Murakami's novels (impatiently waiting for his latest 1Q84 english version). Love your outfit,too - the birds print is amazing - and you look gorgeous. So happy you're back, ciao!

Carmen said...

Thank you so much :)

Y control said...

Mikapoka!! Thank you so much! I missed you and posting! hehe
Believe or not...it's my first Murakami's novel! and I so love it...! BACI!!xxx

Carmen, your welcome!! Thank you for visitting me too :)

My Republic of Fashion said...

Cute outfit. I love your dress. :)SarahD

Y control said...

Thank you Sarah!! I love your blog! xxx